Why is attending an AWRA Conference valuable?
these critical times, achieving effective results demands a paradigm
shift that can only be realized with exposure to new thoughts
and ideas. The 2015 Summer Conference will help you discover and
implement ideas that deliver results. It will train your mind
to search for innovative solutions. It will provide opportunities
to make valuable connections with other association professionals
and suppliers who have solutions you need. And, it will prepare
you for the long road ahead.
Below is some helpful information to show the value of attending
the 2015 Summer Conference
The Justification Toolkit Includes:
Many travel budgets and training budgets have been slashed, and
some associations are experiencing severe financial problems.
Which means that regardless of the merits of a conference, you'll
probably need to justify the expense. So here are some things
you might want to consider:
- Focus on what you will specifically bring back to the organization
as return for the investment.
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A
to your colleagues to share what you learned. That way others
in your unit will get the benefits of your attendance, too.
- Share the syllabus and speaker handouts with your colleagues.
As an attendee, you have unlimited access to materials posted
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while
you are attending the conference..
- Be sure to check out the registration page where all the various
rates are listed to see if you qualify for any of the lower
rates or discounts.