Earn $5 for each new member
you bring to AWRA!
As a member, you know that the strength of AWRA is
its diversity. Our multidisciplinary nature is our hallmark.
Every day, you connect with prospective AWRA members at work and
through professional networks. By tapping into your professional networks
and encouraging others to engage with AWRA, you add new voices to the
vital conversations that AWRA promotes.
What You Get:
- $5 AWRA e-commerce credit for each referral: Use toward membership
renewal, conference registration and Learning Center purchases.
- Recognition: Referral participants will receive recognition
in Water Resources IMPACT and on the M2M webpage
- Satisfaction: You have helped a friend, AWRA and yourself.
Best Deal Ever!
What They Get:
What You Need to Do:
- Refer new members or members who have been gone from AWRA for more
than two years. This program is NOT valid for members renewing a current
- Credits earned may be redeemed by AWRA members only. If a membership
lapses or is cancelled, any earned credits connected to the membership
- Credits earned may be applied to online purchases only.
- Credits earned may be applied to a dues renewal payment online, a
conference registration online, or a Live Learning Center purchase.
What Your Colleagues Need to Do:
- Referred colleagues must join as new members or members reinstating
a lapsed membership.
- Referred colleagues must identify the referring individual on their
membership application. If they do not list your name, you will not
- Referred colleagues must use the online membership application when
joining or reinstating a lapsed membership.
- Referred colleagues must join in one of following membership classifications:
Regular Member; Online Only Member, or Student Member.
Tips for Effective Recruitment
- Add this (or some variation) and one or more of the logos below
to your email signature and social media profiles: Proud
AWRA member. Ask me how you can be too, for half price!
- Identify prospective members. Identify individuals in your
professional network who could benefit from AWRA membership. When you
are networking and meeting new individuals, consider asking them if
they are a member of AWRA. Ask about their professional development
needs and what types of information or resources would be useful to
them. Highlight the AWRA resources that address expressed needs.
- Familiarize yourself with the benefits of AWRA membership.
Visit the Benefits
of Membership page on awra.org. (The comparison chart at the bottom
of the page is particularly helpful.) Keep membership materials with
you. Download campaign recruitment materials below.
- Share your testimonial about AWRA. Remember why you joined
and how your membership experience with AWRA has benefitted your career.
You may have joined because you had an unforgettable experience at a
meeting or conference. Perhaps you joined because you read the Journal
of the American Water Resources Association (JAWRA) or Water Resources
IMPACT and gained some valuable information that you were able to use
in your work. Share some examples with your colleagues.
- Invite them to join. Download the Referral
Card template and hand to prospective members. Easy for you,
easy for them. The template was created using the Avery Business Card
template and will print on any Avery Business Card stock.
- Refer them to AWRA's website: www.awra.org
- Share our membership
- Follow up with them, if possible
- Thank them for considering an AWRA membership
M2M Recruitment Materials
AWRA Membership Brochure Web Version
or Reinstate a Lapsed Membership Online: Half Year | Half Price
Drag and drop, or right click and save these logos to your desktop for
use in your email signature and social media: