COVID-19 Health and Safety Standards at the 2023 Summer Conference
In the world we live in today, there is an inherent and permanent risk of being exposed to COVID-19 in your daily life. Trips to the grocery store, getting gas, picking up your children from school, and seeing family and friends are among the risks we take daily to live a normal and productive life. AWRA seeks to normalize how the AWRA community can gather in-person to fulfill our mission of community, conversation, and connection.
UPDATED: July 12, 2022
AWRA will hold its 2023 Summer Conference in Denver, CO as planned. There will not be a hybrid component to this conference. AWRA staff successfully hosted two in-person spring conferences (April and May 2022), is planning an in-person event in November, and has completed training to become a COVID Certified Coordinator. This certification demonstrates that staff has the best practices and knowledge of planning in-person events during a pandemic. The health protocols in place are the best practices of in-person gatherings today. The restrictions that are in place are the current standards, and protocols may change closer to the conference date. Please note that AWRA reserves the right to mandate COVID-19 related mandates and restrictions in the conference meeting space.
STRONGLY ENCOURAGED RECOMMENDATIONS
- OPTIONAL - WEAR A MASK! The mask mandate has been lifted in Denver, CO. AWRA strongly encourages attendees to wear a mask but it is optional.
- UPDATE - AWRA strongly recommends that you receive a COVID-19 vaccination and carry your vaccination record. Vaccination is not required to attend.
- WEAR A SOCIAL DISTANCING STICKER! In order to non-verbally communicate your comfort level with social distancing, please place a color sticker that most describes your comfort level in interacting with conference participants.
- Green – Shake hands/hug
- Yellow – Elbow bump/fist bump
- Red – I prefer not to touch and stay at least three (3) feet apart from me.
AWRA is closely monitoring COVID-19 in Denver, CO and will update this page should any changes occur to the conference, in general, or the conference COVID-19 protocols. We recognize that this may feel like a fluid situation and ask that you check this page often for updates. If circumstances change in the local area, the AWRA Board of Directors will assess the situation as it unfolds and may choose to make different choices at that time.