COVID-19 Health and Safety Standards at the 2021 Annual Water Resources Conferences
UPDATED: APRIL 22, 2021
At the AWRA 2021 Annual Water Resources Conference, the health and safety of our attendees is a top priority to the AWRA Board of Directors and staff, the 2021 Annual Conference Planning Committee, and the hotel host team at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South. Phase Three (3) of the Plan for Florida’s Recovery
took effect September 25, 2020, for all Florida counties. This document will be updated if changes occur.
Although Florida is under Phase Three (3), our host hotel follows the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
guidelines and standards; therefore, their health and safety standards are more rigorous and strict. As we move closer to the Annual Conference, the hotel will update us if any of their restrictions change. Please note that AWRA reserves the right to mandate COVID-19 related restrictions during the Annual Conference meeting space, such as wearing a mask and social distancing.
Below are our host hotel's current precautions and restrictions policies, Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South.
Face masks are required to enter the hotel.
Plated & Buffet Service Standards:
- Provide touchless sanitizer stations in the convention space foyer.
- Sanitize all meeting room door handles.
- Sanitize thermostats.
- Sanitize the upper part of the meeting chair frames.
- Sanitize light controls.
- Sanitize podiums.
- Set all rooms with reasonable social distancing parameters.
- Sanitizing occurs at the very beginning of each day and continues all day in between sessions.
- There are no water stations, pens, and pads at this time.
- Dishware, glassware, flatware & utensils sanitized in a commercial dishwasher.
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided in Pre-Function Areas.
- Use of rolled up silverware instead so that it is not exposed on the table before meal service.
- Butter service will consist of individually wrapped butter portions.
- Individually wrapped rolls.
- Individual salad dressing packets.
- Use of sanitized stainless plate covering on all plated food before service (hot & cold).
- Use of paper lids on all pre-set glasses of water and/or iced tea.
- Buffet service is still served double-sided, with face coverings required for all guests as they go through the line. Guests are required to sanitize their hands (sanitizer stands provided), wear gloves (gloves provided), then proceed through the buffet line.
- Seating is six (6) per table instead of the traditional 10 per table.
Once a meal is served, guests can sit at their table and take off their masks to eat.
Team Member Consideration Checklist:
- Team Members conduct daily wellness screenings before entering the hotel. These include temperature checks.
- Team Members must wear face coverings, except where superseded medical or local law.
- Servers must use face coverings and wear gloves during meal service.
- Team Members must wash their hands regularly and frequently.
- Hand sanitizer is available for Team Members.