CALL FOR TOPICAL SESSIONS DUE: Monday, May 3, 2021
Please read all instructions before you proceed or email for questions.
Email your proposal information to AWRA at email@example.com
AWRA has opened its Call for Topical Session Proposals. If you want to ensure that a particularly important water resources issue - Florida-centric or not - is addressed at this year's conference now is your chance. Let us know of an oral topical session that you would like to convene at the conference. The topic can be one of science, engineering, policy, law, management/governance, institutions, education, economics, the environment, etc. The only stipulation: it must be related to water.
Topical Session Submission Instructions
How to submit? It's easy - just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in a Word document with the subject line 2021 AC Topical Session Proposal by Monday, May 3, 2021.
All sessions that do not include the necessary submission instructions will not be accepted
- Title of your session.
- Indicate if this is Panel, Technical, or Workshop session. If one Technical session, abstract submissions will be added as planning committee sees fit. Please click here for a description of a panel, workshop, and oral session
- Convener(s), affiliation, email and phone. If a particular organization is sponsoring the session, please indicate.
- Brief description (c. 150 words) of the session: what it will cover, why you feel it's significant.
- Potential presenters, affiliations, emails, phones, and the tentative titles of their oral presentations. NOTE: The presenters' names and affiliations will be listed in the program EXACTLY as submitted in the abstract submission system. Please review before you submit. In addition, presenter designations will not be included in the program.
- Minimum of four presentations. Additional presentations should be in multiples of four.
**The planning committee has the authority to move or add sessions in order to balance out the full program.**
If your proposal is accepted
, the presenters will submit their own abstracts when that time comes. Please note: AWRA is unable to support the registration fees and travel expenses of presenters. Please inform your potential presenters that they or their organizations are responsible for their expenses.
AWRA's Presentation Format:
- Sessions are 90-minutes long. Individual presentations are 15 minutes long with a minimum of 5 minutes for Q&A with each speaker.
- We accommodate three to four oral presentations in each session – no more than four maximum.
- Concurrent sessions are held: typically 4 to 6 sessions at a time. This means you may not be able to attend every session you would like, because some will be at the same time, but it allows us to accommodate many more sessions and presentations.
Questions about submission? Contact AWRA:
Submit a Proposal