Field Trip 1: Airboat Rides at Midway - 2 Hour Private Tour
Sunday, November 7 | 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM or 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
$69/person; Registration limits = 14 passengers per boat; 28 passenger maximum
Airboat Rides at Midway is known as one of the first attractions to offer Airboat Rides in central Florida to the public since the early 80's! Here’s why we’re the best airboat tour of the Central Florida Everglades:
- Our airboat captains are U.S. Coast Guard Master Captains.
- Our custom airboat fleet is U.S. Coast Guard Inspected and Certified.
- We offer two-way communication with your guide so they can give you information about the everglades and answer your questions as you speed across the river.
- Our airboats offer stadium seating for excellent visibility and amazing photo opportunities.
- At the end of your airboat tour we offer our FREE Alligator Encounter where you can hold an alligator and take pictures!
The two hour private tour lets you:
- Visit and discuss the archeological middens sites - Paw Paw and Nathans Mound.
- Explore the impacts and differences between an area with extensive versus relatively little cattle grazing activities.
- Discuss and contrast the three different sections of the St. Johns River (upper, middle and lower sections).
- Better observe all the different wildlife species we'll see, such as being able to sit for a few minutes and watch a heron catch prey or an alligator lying in wait.
- Discuss water supply issues of the area.
To join us on this field trip, add it to your conference registration. Transportation to Midway will be provided from the hotel.
Our Address: 28501 E. Colonial Dr, Christmas, FL 32709
Learn more about Airboat Rides at Midway.