Call for Abstracts
AWRA seeks abstracts on topics dealing with, or related to, water. For a complete list of topics, and planning committee members, review the conference web page. Abstracts for both oral and poster presentations are accepted and papers are not required!
AWRA Conferences use a standard template: four to five 90-minute slots per day, during which 20-minute talks, with 10 minutes reserved for discussion or additional Q&A are scheduled. Posters are typically placed in the exhibit hall to allow for browsing and discussion with authors.
Abstract Submission Instructions
- Abstracts must be submitted via the form on AWRA’s online portal on or before May 6, 2019.
- Membership in AWRA is encouraged but is not required for presentation.
- The following information needs to be included:
- Name, title, employer affiliation, full mailing address, email address, phone and fax numbers of the main contact and the presenting author.
- Name, affiliation and email address of co-authors.
- Type of presentation: oral, poster, either oral or poster, panel
- Abstract Title
- Abstract (350 words or less)
- Credit card information for the $25 dollar application fee. Payment of the abstract fee must be made before abstract submission can be completed. Students who are participating in the poster or paper competition can request an application fee refund by contacting AWRA at Dresden@awra.org. Note: A processing fee of $25 will be charged for each abstract submitted payable upon submission of the abstract. The fee is non-refundable and will not be credited toward the cost of the presenter's conference registration fee.
Review of Abstracts and Notification of Acceptance
Soon after the May 6, 2019 deadline, abstracts will be reviewed by the Planning Committee for originality, technical merit, currency, and relevance to the Conference topics. Authors' suggestions for topic and format placement (oral, panel or poster) will be considered, but the Committee will make the final decision. The quality of the submitted abstract will be viewed as an indication of the quality of the presentation. Previous performance or failure to give timely cancellation notice at annual and/or specialty conferences may influence the decision for acceptance. Abstracts received after the deadline may not be considered or accepted.
Acceptance notification will be made via email to the presenting author by the end of June 2019. Submitted and accepted abstracts will be available for viewing in the AWRA Conference App. All conference attendees, including presenters, must pay the conference registration fee.
Submit an Abstract