PROPOSALS DUE: JANUARY 31, 2020
Email your proposal information to the Technical Co-chairs: Michael E. Campana - Michael.Campana@oregonstate.edu and Teresa Thornton - email@example.com.
After a four-year absence AWRA returns to Florida, home of its largest state section. We will be once again ensconced in the Orlando metropolitan area, this time at the Embassy Suites by Hilton in Kissimmee. With the active, enthusiastic, state section-populated planning committee, expect the best from AWRA: keynote addresses, field trips, workshops, networking events, topical sessions, student prizes and content. If your interest is a broad treatment of timely water resources issues you will want to attend and participate in our oral and poster sessions.
To that end AWRA announces a Call for Topical Session Proposals. If you want to ensure that a particularly important water resources issue - Florida-centric or not - is addressed at AWRA 2020 now is your chance. Let us know of an oral topical session that you would like to convene at 2020 AWRA. The topic can be one of science, engineering, policy, law, management/governance, institutions, education, economics, the environment, etc. The only stipulation: it must be related to water. It will not be a Panel Presentation - those will be solicited during the general Call for Abstracts.
Topical Session Submission Instructions
How to submit? It's easy - just email the Technical Co-chairs (Michael E. Campana - Michael.Campana@oregonstate.edu and Teresa Thornton - firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information in a Word document by January 31, 2020:
- Title of your session.
- Convener(s), affiliation, email and phone. If a particular organization is sponsoring the session, so indicate.
- Brief description (c. 150 words) of the session: what it will cover, why you feel it's significant.
- Potential presenters, affiliations, emails, phones, and the tentative titles of their oral presentations.
- Minimum of four presentations. Additional presentations should be in multiples of four.
If your proposal is accepted, the presenters will submit their own abstracts when that time comes. Please note: AWRA is unable to support the registration fees and travel expenses of presenters. Please inform your potential presenters that they or their organizations are responsible for their own expenses.
If you are unfamiliar with AWRA's format here is some salient information.
- Sessions are 90 minutes long, allowing for two slots in the morning and two in the afternoon.
- We accommodate four oral presentations in one session, allowing 20 minutes for each with 10 minutes left at the end for discussion or overflow.
- Concurrent sessions (3-5 at a time) increase the total number of session slots per day to 12, 16 or 20 and the maximum number of oral presentations per day to 48, 64, 80.
Questions? Contact the Technical Co-chairs
Michael E. Campana
Phone: (541) 602-4085
Teresa E. Thornton
Phone: (561) 727-0211