Call for Presentation Abstracts
AWRA is now accepting abstracts for Oral and Poster presentations. The AWRA Spring Specialty Conference offers opportunities for Standard length (20 minutes), short Lightning (5 minutes) talks and Poster presentations. The Standard talks template uses four to five 90-minute slots per day, during which 20-minute talks, with 10 minutes reserved for discussion or additional Q&A are scheduled. Topics include:
- The National Hydrographic Infrastructure, framework datasets, tools, and services
- The Internet of Water
- Lidar and other high resolution remote sensing applications in hydrology
- Novel geospatial processing and modeling methods and applications for water resources
- Control and optimization in water resources
- Application of high performance computing, cloud, or novel computing systems
- Machine learning, graph-theoretic, or other novel applied math techniques
- Other technical and geospatial topics of interest to the Integrated Water Resource Management community
- Use of Emerging Water and Geospatial Technology for dealing with natural disasters such as floods and droughts
- Ecosystems and water quality
- Complexity and multi-scale processes
- Nexus challenges and convergence in water resources
Abstract Submission Instructions
- Abstracts must be submitted via the form on AWRA's online portal on or before October 18, 2019.
- Membership in AWRA is encouraged but is not required for presentation.
- The following information needs to be included:
- Name, title, employer affiliation, full mailing address, email address, phone and fax numbers of the main contact and the presenting author
- Names, affiliations and email addresses of co-authors
- Type of presentation: oral, lightning, poster, either oral or poster, panel
- Abstract Title
- Abstract (350 words or less)
- Credit card information for the $25 dollar application fee. Payment of the abstract fee must be made before abstract submission can be completed. Note: A processing fee of $25 will be charged for each abstract submitted payable upon submission of the abstract. The fee is non-refundable and will not be credited toward the cost of the presenter's conference registration fee.
Review of Abstracts and Notification of Acceptance
Soon after the October 18, 2019 deadline, abstracts will be reviewed by the Organizing Committee for originality, technical merit, currency, and relevance to the Conference topics. Authors' suggestions for topic and format placement (oral, panel or poster) will be considered, but the Committee will make the final decision. The quality of the submitted abstract will be viewed as an indication of the quality of the presentation. Previous performance or failure to give timely cancellation notice at annual and/or specialty conferences may influence the decision for acceptance. Abstracts received after the deadline may not be considered or accepted.
Acceptance notification will be made via email to the presenting author by November 9, 2019. Submitted and accepted abstracts will be available for viewing in the AWRA Conference App. All conference attendees, including presenters, must pay the conference registration fee.
Submit an Abstract