Outstanding State Section Award
The Outstanding State Section Award is given each year at the AWRA Annual Water Resources Conference in recognition of AWRA State Section that has provided outstanding service in the furtherance of the Association's objectives:
- The advancement of water resources research, planning, development, management and education.
- The establishment of a common meeting ground for physical, biological, and social scientists, engineers, and other persons concerned with water resources.
- The collection, organization, and dissemination of ideas and information in the field of water resources science and technology
- The contribution of the Section to an understanding of the state’s water resources issues through regularly scheduled meetings with significant participation by the membership and other resources professionals, and through publication or other related activities.
- The size of the Section’s membership, the increase in membership, and the number of national members in the section.
- Other meritorious activities, such as presentation of awards to outstanding individuals for contributions concerned with water resources, provision of scholarships for students, especially those active in AWRA Student Chapters; support for K-12 STEM, such as participation in school science fairs, Girl Scout/Boy Scout educational opportunities.
- The impact of the section on the examination of state water resources issues through cooperation with other organizations in water resources.
The 2023 nomination period is closed. Recipients will be contacted and notified directly by AWRA by May 26, 2023. Information about the 2024 nomination period will be posted in early 2024.