CALL FOR TOPICAL SESSIONS: CLOSED
AWRA issues its Call for Topical Session Proposals. If you want to ensure that a particularly important water resources issue (Pacific Northwest-centric or not) is addressed at this year's conference now is your chance. Let us know of an oral topical session - Technical, Panel or Workshop - that you would like to convene at the conference. The topic can be one of science, engineering, policy, law, management, governance, institutions, education, economics, the environment, etc. The only stipulation: it must be related to water. Check here to see the conference topics list
to get an idea of what AWRA attendees are interested in hearing. Note that the list is not all-inclusive.
AWRA's Presentation Format:
- Sessions are 90-minutes long. Individual Technical presentations are 15-18 minutes long with a minimum of 2 minutes for Q&A with each speaker.
- We accommodate three to four oral presentations in each session – no more than four maximum.
- Concurrent sessions typically are held four to six sessions at a time. This means you may not be able to attend every session you would like, because some will be at the same time, but it allows us to accommodate many more sessions and presentations.
Topical Session Submission Instructions
How to submit? The submission process is now closed.
All sessions that do not include the necessary submission instructions will not be accepted. The planning committee has the authority to move or add sessions to balance out the full program.
- Title of your session.
- Indicate if this is Panel, Technical, or Workshop session. If one Technical session, abstract submissions will be added as planning committee sees fit. Please click here for a description of a panel, workshop, and oral session
- Convener(s), affiliation(s), email and phone. If a particular organization is sponsoring the session, please indicate.
- Brief description (c. 150 words) of the session: what it will cover, why you feel it's significant.
- Potential presenters, affiliations, emails, phones, and the tentative titles of their oral presentations. NOTE: The presenters' names and affiliations will be listed in the program EXACTLY as submitted in the abstract submission system. Please review before you submit. In addition, presenter designations will not be included in the program.
- For Technical Presentations: a minimum of four oral presentations is required. Additional oral presentations should be in multiples of four. For Panels: a minimum of two panelists and one moderator is required. For Workshops: the number of participants is arbitrary (please provide an estimate) and at least one person must lead the workshop.
- If two or more proposals cover a similar topic AWRA may require that the proposals be combined.
- Proposal submitters will be notified of acceptances, rejections, or modifications in mid-March.
If your proposal for a Technical presentation is accepted
, the presenters will submit their own abstracts when that time comes. For Panel and Workshop presentations only one abstract is required, which the proposer should submit. Please note: AWRA is unable to support the abstract submission and registration fees and travel expenses of presenters. Please inform your potential presenters that they or their organizations are responsible for their expenses.
Questions about submission? Contact AWRA:
Email: [email protected]