COVID-19 Health and Safety Standards at the 2022 Spring Conference
UPDATED: November 16, 2021
BEFORE REGISTERING, click here to read the COVID-19 Liability Waiver and Affirmation of Conduct Restrictions. You are required to sign, date, and upload this into the conference verification tool. Instructions on how to access and upload all required documents are below.
AWRA will continue to hold this conference in person as planned, with strict safety and health protocols in place to continue our commitment to keeping conference participates and AWRA staff safe. At this time, the Hotel Capstone and the Byrant Conference Center (located on the University of Alabama campus) are not under any federal or state mandate regarding requirements for vaccination and mask-wearing. However, the University of Alabama does have a mask mandate in place currently and can legally enforce some policies among their employees, and those and other standards are described below. As we move closer to the AWRA Spring Conference, the hotel, and the university will update AWRA if any of their restrictions change. Please note that AWRA reserves the right to mandate COVID-19 related mandates and restrictions in the conference meeting space.
AWRA is closely monitoring COVID-19 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and will update this page should any changes occur to the conference, in general, or the conference COVID-19 protocols. We recognize that this may feel like a fluid situation and ask that you check this page often for updates. If circumstances change in the local area (i.e., similar to the overwhelming spread of COVID-19 in Orlando and the health crisis that followed), the AWRA Board of Directors will assess the situation as it unfolds and may choose to make different choices at that time.
AWRA is also firmly committed to returning to our ‘new’ normal, where we can hold meetings and gatherings as we have done for decades before. The Alabama Water Resources Conference was successfully held on September 6-7, 2021, with 270 attendees, and we hope to accomplish the same. To that end, AWRA staff completed training to become a COVID Certified Coordinator, a certification that demonstrates the best practices and knowledge of planning in-person events during a pandemic.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS
Regardless of the event venue and hotel policies, as the event organizer, AWRA will require the following for all attendees.
- All conference participants (attendees, presenters, exhibitors, etc.) must sign, date, and upload the COVID-19 Liability Waiver and Affirmation of Conduct Restrictions to the conference verification tool.
- All conference participants must take a COVID-19 test within three (3) days/72 hours of attending the conference and upload their results to our conference verification tool. If you test positive for COVID-19, you cannot attend the conference; however, you will be refunded (less a 25% cancellation fee) once you upload your positive COVID-19 test results.
- All conference participants must be vaccinated and upload their vaccination record within three (3) days/72 hours of attending the conference. There are no religious or medical exemptions.
- Because conference participants are required to submit a negative COVID-19 test within three (3) days/72 hours of the conference and COVID-19 vaccination verification is required, mask-wearing is optional but strongly encouraged.
- Social Distancing Wristband – In order to non-verbally communicate your comfort level with social distancing, we ask that you wear one of the provided wristbands with the color that most describes your comfort level in interacting with conference participants:
- Green – Shake hands/hug
- Yellow – Elbow bump/fist bump
- Red – I prefer not to touch and stay at least three (3) feet apart from me.
Conference Dates: April 25-27, 2022. Get tested 72 hours prior to your arrival at the conference location.
COVID-19 DOCUMENTATION VERIFICATION TOOL
Instructions for Accessing and Uploading Your COVID-19 Required Documents:
- Login To Your AWRA Account.
- Click your name in the upper right corner to take you into your account settings.
- Click the Blue Button that says ‘Update Account'.
- In the row that starts with ‘About Me’, select COVID-19 Requirements
- Please use your mobile device to take a picture of each required document, and upload to your account.
Below are the host hotel's and conference center's current precautions and restrictions.
Meals and Snacks:
- Provide touchless sanitizer stations in the convention space foyer.
- Sanitize all meeting room door handles.
- Sanitize wall-mounted thermostats.
- Sanitize the upper part of the meeting chair frames.
- Sanitizing occurs at the very beginning of each day and continues all day in between sessions.
- Sanitize light controls.
- Sanitize podiums.
- Set all rooms with reasonable social distancing parameters. Reasonable parameters are three (3) feet – (six) 6 feet apart depending on size of event.
- Beverage stations are set out throughout the building and include coffee, water, sodas, and teas. Sanitizer is available at the beverage stations.
Bryant Team Member Consideration Checklist:
- Conference center staff are required to wear gloves and masks at this time.
- Use of rolled up silverware will be used and not exposed on the table before meal service.
- Use of paper lids on all pre-set glasses of water and/or iced tea.
- Once a meal is served, guests can sit at their table and take off their masks to eat.
- Team Members must wear face coverings, except where superseded medical or local law.
- Servers must use face coverings and wear gloves during meal service.
- Team Members must wash their hands regularly and frequently.
- Hand sanitizer is available for Team Members.