CALL FOR TOPICAL SESSIONS DUE MARCH 21
Before you submit a Call for Topical Session, please do the following first:
- Clear your cache and cookies in the web browser and restart your computer.
- If the above does not work, please use a different web browser and consider using a nonwork computer. Often work computers have privacy settings that conflict with AWRA’s submission system.
The Conference Planning Committee is excited to host one of the most diverse and inclusive water resource management conferences. AWRA provides innovative, practical, and applied water resource management solutions, techniques, and current research. Our multi-disciplinary approach guarantees a variety of presentations and discussions that will satisfy seasoned and young professionals, and academics alike, with sessions focusing on the following conference themes:
- The current status and recent outcomes of major federal funding initiatives for water infrastructure and resilience,
- lessons learned from the implementation of multidisciplinary projects,
- best practices discovered in the design and application of water resource management,
- implications of water policy decisions, and
- research into current and emerging issues.
AWRA's commitment to Community, Conversation, and Connection guides our efforts in putting this annual conference together. Compelling presentations are the foundation of any conference, and the AWRA Annual Conference is no exception. We rely on our attendees to provide insights and inputs to stimulate informative conversation.
Topical Session Proposals on Themes (90-minutes):
- Focus on a novel topic that embodies the essence of at least one of the conference themes or is multi- or transdisciplinary in nature.
- Have flexible formats: They could be either a panel, roundtable, interview, or another format of your choosing. For example, two or three authors may cover related topics, each preparing a separate manuscript for journal submission and presenting on that manuscript.
- An additional presenter, who is not an author but may be giving a related presentation, could be a discussant reacting to the presented papers or a moderator.
Required Information to Submit a Topical Session Proposal
The deadline to submit a topical session proposal is March 21, 2023. Up to three submissions are permitted. Before submitting your topical session proposal, please have all of the following information with you:
*New Topical Session Proposal Submission Process*
- The organizer(s)/moderator name(s), company(s), and email addresses.
- Topical session title.
- Type of presentation. Please click here to download a description of the types of a topical sessions: panel, technical, and/or workshop.
- A brief description (c. 150 words) of the session: what it will cover; why you feel it's significant.
- Presenter’s name(s), company(s) affiliation(s), email address(es), and tentative oral presentation title(s). There is NOT a limit of presenters per topical session. Please note that all presenters DO NOT have to be confirmed. Confirming your speakers will guarantee they are placed in your session once they submit an abstract.
- To submit a topical session ONLY, click here to sign into your AWRA account. There is no fee to submit a topical session proposal.
- Complete the form and click submit.
- If your Topical Session is selected, you must submit an abstract for your topic.
- If your Topical Session is selected, all of your proposed presenters must submit the Call for Abstracts with the Topical Session Code (TSC). That list will be posted on the website prior to the Call for Abstracts.
- If you would like to submit another proposal, you may click on the link on the Thank You page.
- Questions about topical session proposals should be directed to [email protected].
- Questions about submitting your proposal, registering for the conference and/or AWRA membership, please contact [email protected].