Topical Session Submissions Due: October 17
The Conference Planning Committee is excited to bring together the concepts of connecting land and water management, in the areas of planning, policy, practice, and research. Our multi-disciplinary approach guarantees a variety of presentations and discussions that will satisfy seasoned and young professionals, and academics alike, with sessions focusing on the following conference themes:
- The integrated nature of water and land in healthy and sustainable communities.
- The relationships among water resources management, utility operations, land use planning, and land development.
- The themes of equity and environmental justice approaches to community planning and development; water demand, supply, conservation, reuse, and security; stormwater management; and wastewater treatment and disposal.
- The connectivity of water and land in healthy and sustainable communities in the context of changing climate and extreme weather.
AWRA's commitment to Community, Conversation, and Connection guides our efforts in putting this summer conference together. Compelling presentations are the foundation of any conference, and the AWRA Summer Conference is no exception. We rely on our attendees to provide insights and inputs to stimulate informative conversation in the context of linking water and land to develop and maintain healthy and sustainable communities.
Topical Session Proposals on Themes (90-minutes):
- Focus on a novel topic that embodies the essence of at least one of the conference themes or is multi- or transdisciplinary in nature.
- Flexible formats: Sessions could be either a panel, roundtable, interview, or another format of your choosing. For example, two or three authors may cover related topics, each preparing a separate manuscript for journal submission and presenting on that manuscript.
- Have flexible formats: They could be either a panel, roundtable, interview, or another format of your choosing. For example, two or three authors may cover related topics, each preparing a separate manuscript for journal submission and presenting on that manuscript.
- An additional presenter, who is not an author but may be giving a related presentation, could serve as a discussant reacting to the papers presented, or a moderator.
Required Information to Submit a Topical Session Proposal
The deadline to submit a topical session proposal is October 17
. Up to three submissions are permitted. Before submitting your topical session proposal, please have all of the following information with you:
- The organizer(s)/moderator name(s), company(s), and email addresses.
- Topical session title.
- Type of presentation. Please click here for a description of the types of a topical session: panel, technical, and/or workshop.
- A brief description (c. 150 words) of the session: what it will cover; why you feel it's significant.
- Presenter’s name(s), company(s) affiliation(s), email address(es), and tentative oral presentation title(s). There is NOT a limit of presenters per topical session.
*New Topical Session Proposal Submission Process*
- To submit a topical session ONLY, click here. There is no fee to submit a topical session proposal.
- Complete the form and click submit.
- If your Topical Session is selected, you must submit an abstract for your topic.
- If your Topical Session is selected, all of your proposed presenters must submit an abstract with the Topical Session Code (TSC) that will be posted on the website prior to the Call for Abstracts.
- If you would like to submit another proposal, you may click on the link on the Thank You page.
Submit a Topical Session Proposal
- Questions about topical session proposals should be directed to [email protected].
- Questions about submitting your proposal, registering for the conference and/or AWRA membership, please contact [email protected].